Thursday, June 30, 2011

Middle Distance

Shorter day today, but not for me. Turns out "ride it off" doesn't work for knee problems, so I'm taking the day off, and along with our rest day tomorrow hopefully that will cure it. Adam is doing about 95 km today, from our stop yesterday to the edge of Saint Albert, at which point we will drive back to Calgary and then on to Lethbridge Saturday to begin the south leg of our trip. I'm going to be more than mildly annoyed (ahem right knee) if this keeps me from riding for more than one day.





On the plus side, every season cyclists are granted a few perfect days: tailwind, cooperative weather, good legs, good lungs. Yesterday for me, despite the twinge in my knee, was one such day. Adam is on his own today, and it seems as though he was granted another. His average will be close to 40km/h, putting his just under 100km ride at about 2.5 hours. Not half bad. If it was pouring with a headwind, I'd be much happier about sitting in this van right now, but as it is I quite wish to be riding. Ah well.

Tonight my good friend Dan's extensive schooling will hopefully pay off (for me) as we try an over-the-phone physio style consult, and I'll be back on the road saturday (hopefully). Til then, Abe has told us we broke 224,000.00 dollars for peace and AIDS work today, and we hope to hit 230,000.00 by the end of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment