Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9: Donnelly Corner to just past Little Smokey

Distance: 124 km
Average Speed: 30.1 km/h
Riding Time: 4 hours 10
Total Time: 5 hours
Total Distance: 518 km
Weather/Wind: Killer headwind in the morning, calming slightly for the rest of the day, mostly cloudy and we stopped when it began to rain.
Terrain: Gentle to rolling hills, getting steeper as we get into the foothills.

Rough start to the day today with an excellent headwind that made the first half hour seem like a whole day. It died down after 45 minutes or so but remained present all day. I suspect as we get farther south the wind is going to be pretty much from the south west, so I suppose we'll have to get used to it. The pictures are of what I look at for 4 hours a day, and my drivetrain which didn't look as cool as I thought.






1 comment: